Friday, August 26, 2011

First things first

August 26th, 2011

Dear Gma
Glory be to God.,.,truly,... i have begun a blog!  I have threatened forever, and here i am.  A far cry from a book, but i feel like that will never happen, but one never knows.  I never thought, after nine years in Alaska,  i would be living in Montana either.  I have written to you for years, but i never contemplated a blog on the internet.  So different from when we wrote by Snail Mail while  I attended Finley nursing school.  Times change and it seems like mostly for the good for our Wolfedens.  So, what is new you ask?

Well today McKenzie turned 13!  Is that unbelievable or what!  Seems like yesterday I was telling you about the bbbqbb (backyardbarbequebirthingbash).  I remember so well the angst i went through over that, but how God turned it all out to be just fine.  Thirteen years has flown by with this beautiful child, and i look at her and think i must be getting old.  Then yesterday, i took a picture of Joshua (2), riding the sofa saddle with Patty on his lap, and i realized Patty has lived 47 years because Suzie would have been 49 here in a few months.




What else is new?  Jim got a new tractor!!!!  We stopped to see one of our new neighbors to ask if we could have the trash grass being put into a trailer by their yardman, and we ended up visiting for a couple of hours and the upshot of all of it was that they had a tractor for sale and we had a need.  So now hopefully he can finish his shed.  Not sure if he is going to put a kid in the bucket to go pound the roof or just what.  There is no figuring a man and his tractor.  Chris felt a tractor was necessary for his dad and counted this achievement as one of " his" goals, but not sure how that can be.  Maybe he felt guilty his dad sold his tractor in LaGrande when we moved to Cordova.  We don't know, but everybody is so happy for Gpa, especially Joshua, who loves riding on lawn mowers and 4 wheelers with daddy and Gpa.

Well, i will write again. I have peaches to can and a birthday to celebrate.  Made a peppermint ice cream cake last night for the occasion.  We will celebrate Kenzie today and be so grateful to God for giving us such a treasure as is she: a child who chooses to please God before all else, who prays powerfully for her needs and those of others.  I will tell you tomorrow how we got here i guess because it all started with Kenzie and me doing what you and i used to do when i visited you:  sit on the couch, eat popcorn, and discuss life and how good it can be when we make the right choices.  Till then ... *j*

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque...can it really be 13 years? I remember when you were telling us about the bbbqbb on BB!! Love reading your Dear Grandma letters! I would read a book you wrote (if you ever do)! Too funny that you mention Patty! About a month ago my oldest sister sent me her doll...that I ruined over 50 years ago! She wants me to re-paint her hair! Kind of ironic that she wants me to fix something that I "did" 50 years ago! LOL

    ReplyDelete