Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Learn something new :)

Dad always said to us on the first day of school, " Learn something new today."  Our kids went off to school today and i passed on this wisdom.  And joshua learned today that if he poops in the toilet he gets a little car and so... he now has two, and is wearing big boy underwear.  So, now the new baby can come and we will not have two in diapers. :)  That was always a goal of mine, but not necessarily realized, nor necessary.  He is going to be a bit lost today, but he says he will be, " helping papa" today while his siblings are off at school,

I am reading Joshua in my Bible readings every morning.  I read this morning where God pulled back the river Jordon so the Israelites could pass into the Land of Milk and Honey.  I don't remember ever reading that before!!!! I don't remember God dealing with two huge water episodes.  And, it says that it was during a high water period, like spring run-off, so it was flooded!  All new to me.  Pastor told us to stop and think about it when we get a new thought, so i did and i journaled my thoughts as he suggested. I also read again about the fall of Jericho, and a new thing.... God said to not take any of the spoils, but of course some did, and HE got torked at them AGAIN.  My new thought... " wow, He did not keep there there for another generation to burn through?"  lol  All i can say is they were a lucky bunch.  God shows us signs and wonders and we just forget so easily.  We are no different from the Israelites are we?  This country has stepped over the line in so many ways, but killing its unborn may be the worst.  I think we may be in deep trouble until we recognize the sanctity of life and i don't see that happening as long as we have Love One Another being the rule and not Be Obedient to God and what HE asks of us.  These days obedience feels discounted and I don't think God discounts it at all.  Jesus commanded us to first Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind, and along with that comes obedience to His Word, then came the Love your neighbor as yourself.  When you throw out the Bible and just go with the Love one another and think that will keep you right with God, ...good luck with that.... i could be sorrily mistaken, but i think God demands our obedience just as a good parent does/should.  I think we are in big trouble and wonder how God will save us from ourselves without purging our country of a tribe or two.  heavy sigh......... 

1 comment:

  1. Jacqueline, I am so loving your blog. I've only met you once but I feel so close to you and your family. I look forward to your 'writings' as they make me smile.
    Hugs to you and Jim.
    P

    ReplyDelete